Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Jacob's Preschool


When we moved to Danville, I found out that preschool would cost $320/month for 2 days a week! YIKES! So I looked around for other moms to do a "co-op" type preschool. Most moms had already put their kids somewhere, so all I could get were some mom's with 3 and even 2 year olds. They only wanted to do one day a week, so we organized what we call "Fun School" but quickly turned into "Boy School" since all 5 children are cute little boys! Jacob loves it. There is a letter and theme assigned to the mom in charge each Wednesday, and we rotate turns. I was worried that wouldn't be enough, so I approached Drew's mom (Beth Thompson) to see if she'd like to do a T/Th trade and we'd focus more on the letter and theme we were doing on Wed. with Boy school. It's just the 2 little boys, and I love it! At first I worried I wouldn't like having the obligation every week, but it's so easy with just 2 boys, and I have fun with my little guy. Click on the picture if you want to see them more closely.

2 comments:

Pam said...

You could start it all up again there next Fall and it sounds like you could make $$$. Good luck. We miss you.

Nicole Patterson said...

Believe me, I've thought about it, but people here are highly skeptical of "home" preschools. Plus they are all sue happy, and I have a pool...